We are looking for a seasoned Bookkeeper - Staff Accountant who would be responsible for performing a variety of complex financial accounting services such as preparing financial statements, trial balances, and state reporting documents.
- Perform data input for monthly bookkeeping for multiple clients in QuickBooks, including bank reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Review client bookkeeping reports and record journal entries to create a trial balance used for federal tax return preparation.
- Examine complicated accounts and records and prepare adjustments according to current accounting standards, tax laws and regulations.
- Accurately compute state excise taxes and complete entries on tax forms.
- Research state sales tax nexus issues.
- Serve as a reviewer for other staff accountants and projects consisting of trial balances, state excise tax compliance, payroll tax compliance and monthly bookkeeping.
- Provide software training for clients and other staff accountants.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Quick ability to understand and assess a new project and task, plus experience with time-tracking preferred.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of regulatory and privacy requirements for tax and accounting firms preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years bookkeeping and higher-level accounting experience.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package, including paid time off, employer-paid medical and dental insurance, 401(k) match and more.
About Integrated Tax Services
At Integrated Tax Services, we’re more than just tax preparation professionals and accountants. We’re number translators. Numbers are an integral part of everyone’s life story and woven into all facets of life. And, for many, it’s confusing and daunting. We untangle the complicated and build relationships with our clients to help them understand what the numbers mean and how it affects their life story.
Integrated Tax Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.